15 February 2016
At the Ready
"prepare ye for that which is to come"
We were asked to help with New Amsterdam Branch's emergency plan tonight, and then, just as I was putting stuff together for this we get an email from the area office. So, we get this new assignment. Guess the Lord figures, well if they can do it once they can do it some more...... "Coincidences" like this happen all the time. So now we have to make sure all the branches/districts/wards in Trinidad, Suriname, Guyana, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are trained for emergency preparedness and make their own plans by the end of June. (These plans will definitely not be as thorough as my ward at home. My home ward is very diligent doing everything we're supposed to. There, if there is a disaster, all I have to do is put a colored card on my door so when the neighborhood captains are checking on me and other ward members they'll know the situation. If the card is red, stop to help; if green, we're okay; if yellow, I can come help; if black; somebody's dead, or something like that. I'm not really sure what the colors mean, but I do remember that if I die, I have to put the black card on my door before I leave.)
They asked us to help before we got the assignment. Guess the Lord figures, well if they can do it once they can do it some more......
Cath, The black card comment sounds exactly like something Mom would say. Very clever!
ReplyDelete