Friday, 9 December 2016

WELCOME to the Guyana Banana!  I had begun another blog, “Sister Steelpan,” to record missionary stories, but for some reason beyond my comprehension, but since arriving I have not been able to access the page to post my writing.  I am serving as a welfare/humanitarian missionary in the Trinidad Port of Spain Mission working with LDS Charities and the missionaries and people in Guyana.  Guyana is one of the areas in the Trinidad Mission.  We live in a small village named Palmyra, near New Amsterdam in eastern Guyana.  The Guyana Banana is a blog from a country that grows the best bananas I’ve ever tasted.  And the bananas are cute - 5-ish inches long and melt in your mouth. Also, the pineapples are straight from Heaven, longer and milder than the Hawaiian pineapples we are accustomed to.  I’m learning about soursop, tamarinds, tangerines that look like limes, lemons with thick pimply skin, green mangoes, melons and other amazing plants, vegetables and fruits that look like they came right off the pages of Dr. Suess.






No comments:

Post a Comment