Thursday, 29 December 2016

28 December 2016
The Perfect Fit
“unto the poor”

  Christmas Day  I received a phone call from two missionaries I had talked to a couple of weeks ago about helping someone for Christmas.  I asked them to find a needy family to anonymously do a Sub-for-Santa for.  
  
  They found a family of 5 in dire poverty that they knew of.  The father cut sugar cane and made 10.00 week, but is not working now because the cane season is over. His work clothing was the only clothing he owned. So we went shopping for clothing and a few household things, and some apples and treats. We didn't know any sizes, but we knew the ages of the kids. I estimated.        

  The elders called to say what happened when they delivered the gifts.  A neighbor, seeing the elders carrying the stuff, told them it was a miracle they were taking it, for there wasn't to be a Christmas in that little shack. The elders said they didn't know how it could be so, but all the clothes and shoes fit perfectly, even the jeans and sandals for the dad.  I know how it could be.

1 comment: