Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Sisters of Charity

Sisters of Charity
"I was an hungered and ye gave me meat"


     Sister Florette and Me (Please don't reproduce photo, as I promised this was just for family.)
I am so pleased when I meet people who are loving, dedicated to serving others as this Sister of Charity, Sister Florette, of the same Catholic religious order as Mother Teresa.  She has taken vows of chastity, poverty, obedience and service to the poorest of the poor for her whole life.  She is far from her home and family.  She is gracious and kind and humble.

Every single day these sisters feed the poor, cooking up big pots of food every morning. They have some elderly men that live near them, that they house and feed. They run a nursery school for parents who are looking for work.  

We were able to donate a supply of school kits to them, and while we were there a mother with her three sons had showed up and the boys were very grateful for the backpacks and school supplies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment