Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Staying Clean


Staying Clean 
"a house of order"

Just for your info this is the type of scenario I've encountered as the ad hoc
mission housing coordinator: 
Phone rings.
"Sister Peterson, we need a new washer."
"Oh, what's the problem."
"It just stopped working and won't start and it won't empty."
"Well, did you try turning the knob to "spin" and closing the lid?"
"Yes, it just started thumping and stopped dead."
"What's in the washer?"
"Just our blankets, sheets, P-day clothes, socks, towels, bicycle safety vests...."
"Hmmm."  Explanation and troubleshooting follows, and often it is an easy fix.

Or another.  Phone rings.
"Sister Peterson, we need a new fridge."
"Oh, what's the problem?"
"We were gone for 3 days to MLC and came home and everything
stinks really bad. The fridge is warm."
"Hmmm. Is it plugged in?"
"Yes."
"Okay, Get rid of all the food. And I'll check on a fridge."
(I proceed to call another set of elders who have an extra fridge in their apartment.
and call the other elders the next morning.)
"Hi Elder.  Is the fridge still warm?"
"No, but it stinks really bad and I think it is blowing stinky air in from the
back. Something is seriously wrong. I found out there was a power outage
while we were gone."  
"Did you clean it out?"
"Yes, last night."
"Is it cold now?"
"I don't know, I haven't checked."
"Go check."
"Yes it's cold, but it really smells bad."
"Did you clean it out?"
 "Yes, it's empty now."
"Did you use soap or a cleaner?"
"For what?."
"When you wiped it out."
"Wiped it out?  Oh, um.  We didn't have time."
"Okay, get some bleach, some dish soap and
put it in some water and use a clean rag to
scrub it out really well.  Then dry it.
I think that might fix your fridge."





No comments:

Post a Comment